The Webtrees Manual provides step-by-step instructions for anyone wanting to create a stand-alone family tree using the free Webtrees 2 family tree website creation software.
Webtrees Family Tree Software is probably the most widely used self-hosting family tree website creation software in the world. It is free, well designed, fully configurable, easy to use, and this manual takes you step-by-step through the whole process of installation and administration of a self-hosted family tree website.
The Webtrees Family Tree Manual has separate sections for:
- Webmasters hosting a family tree
- Administrators of a family tree website
- Users and visitors to a family tree website.
- Editors allowed to edit their parts of the family tree.
- Moderators who approve all edits to the tree.
- Managers of each separate family tree.
The manual provides a comprehensive guide for every user of the tree from beginner to expert.
There are complete instructions for every one of the administrative, editing, moderating, and managerial settings.